Family Camp (July 6th - 15th, 2017)
BlackHills Family Camp is for people of all ages. We offer a wide variety of service and activities starting, Thursday, July 6th, with a light evening meal through Saturday, July 15th, with lunch. For the children, there are morning devotions, Vacation Bible School, Sunday school classes, afternoon activities and after service activities. Teens going into 6th grade through graduated seniors enjoy an in-depth morning Bible Study, morning and evening activities, and plenty of other happenings. Adults can enjoy an early morning time of devotionals and praying, morning worship, and quite often there will be pickup games of volleyball and basketball amongst the adults in the afternoon. Everyone comes together in the evening to fellowship and worship at an evening service beginning at 7pm. After the worship, children ages 4-9 are welcome to attend children’s church, where they can be picked up by their parents after the evening message.
Some of the special events at camp this year include:
2nd Annual Light Up the Hills
- Friday, July 7 - After Evening Service
- Campers are encouraged to decorate the outside of their cabins/rooms with lights. We'll have a bonfire and music as we light up the hills of the campground!
Live-Action Gamer Day : Unplugged
- Saturday, July 8 - 1:30-3 PM
- Come join this exciting afternoon for kids and teens as we transform the campground into some of your favorite video games! Play "live-action" twists of games such as Angry Birds, Minecraft, Pac-Man, and Super Mario Bros.
Senior Appreciation Dinner
- Saturday, July 8 - 5 PM
- Help us honor our seniors with a special dinner and tribute during our evening service.
- Tuesday, July 11 - 7 PM
- Find a "twin" (or "triplet", "quadruplet", etc.) at camp and come to the evening service together in matching outfits. Post your pictures to social media using the hashtags #twinningTuesdayBHC and #blackhillscampwv
- Wednesday, July 12 - After Evening Service
- Sign-up to join a "family" as you compete against other "families" in this popular gameshow!
- Friday, July 14 - After Evening Service
- Bring your creativity along with your best acting skills for some funny skits as we continue a long-time camp tradition!
Something is always happening at BlackHills Camp, whether it is playing a game of ricochet around the ping pong table, chatting with friends on the store porch, watching the teens and children playing games, eating one of the many fine meals served in the dining hall, attending a bonfire, or laughing at one of the many skits put on during skit night. We welcome you to join us. Please remember campers under the age of 18 must have a supervising adult present.
Kenny Martin - 2017 Family Camp Speaker
Pastor E. Kenneth Martin is the senior pastor of the John Wesley FMC in Indianapolis, IN, in the Wabash Conference
"Pastor Kenny," as he is more commonly known, has traveled extensively throughout the United States preaching and teaching the Good News of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. His global vision, "to touch the world for Christ," transcends and encompasses all cultures, socio-ethnic backgrounds, denominations and age groups.
Pastor Kenny is married to Estelle and they have two daughters, Chalana Haney and Tiara Davermann; one granddaughter, Norelle Jasmine Nicole; and three grandsons, Isaiah Kenneth ("the Prophet"), Arion, Jr. ("A.J."), and Jonah Evans.
Jen Finley will join us to talk about the mission of International Child Care Ministries. International Child Care Ministries is a child sponsorship initiative serving 20,000 children in over 30 countries. They work with Free Methodists for high levels of care and accountability. Through education, meals, clothing and basic medical care, children in need have an opportunity for a better life. For just one dollar a day you can sponsor a child and change a life forever.